Thursday 30 November 2017

Speederman, Santa & flipcharts - last comics of the year


Suddenly, after what's felt like a really full year of Comic Art Masterclasses (though, at time of writing, I've not added up the total yet), I find I've done the last one already. It's the last day of November, and I have a school-free December (during which I have a desk-full of Women On The Bible to draw, so perfect timing). These, the penultimate and antepenultimate, are by Year 8s in Manchester Academy on Tuesday. Yes, that's supposed to be Muhammed Ali and Kylie Jenner as zombies.


The final Comic Art Masterclass comic of the year, with a gratuitous Santa as you might expect, comes from Finham Park School in Coventry. And a nice flipchart to leave them with, which I try to do when I can.


The final three celebrities of the year, chosen to appear in my demonstration strip, were Charles Darwin, Emma Watson and Lionel Messi. Blimey, can I really be ready to tot up the most popular celebrities of 2017 already, before December's even kicked in? Looks like it. Stay tuned.


BONUS last minute update. When I so rashly drew the line under my classes for the year, I'd totally forgotten there was still one more to come. On December 17th I had a class for a 9th birthday party in Walthamstow, for young Wilder Quin. Here's the comic they produced, and the celeb they chose for the final demonstration strip of the year was Cristiano Ronaldo.


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...