Sunday 9 June 2019

Hounslow Histories - Art Reach comic by kids


Thanks to the lovely folk of Art Reach, I have been able to work with the pupils of Beavers Community Primary School in Hounslow and, together, we've produced an 8 page full colour comic that's going to be given away free at the Night Of Festivals later this month. Unlike the previous projects I did for Magna Carta in Lincoln and Barking, and the migration comics I did in Milton Keynes, which were produced with a number of schools over as many as four days, with another week left for me to finish the artwork, this whole project was completed with just one day of classes, and compiled, edited, coloured and delivered by me between Friday and Sunday. Yes, you may be impressed.  I think it's the best of the comics I've done with kids like this, especially because, unlike its predecessors, every single drawing (if not all the words, or the colours) is by the pupils themselves. Well done Beavers, I hope you like it.






 

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...