Friday 12 July 2019

Toilets, Pants & Knickers - comics by kids


My trip to Strule Arts in Omagh, which, as I think I've recorded elsewhere, was hardly the most profitable bit of travelling once I'd taken out all the costs, nevertheless produced a couple of stonking covers which, when coloured up, look a treat. I do hope the kids got to see the finished item. (When I'm in a school, you see, I can email the finished item to their teacher. At an art centre where they've dropped in from all over, I can only hope they see these when I post them on Twitter. Hi kids.


At Stewkeley in Gloucestershire, the year 3 and 4s (the youngest I've worked with for a while) came up with the sweetest and most innocent titles of the month. Which reminds me, I should really tot up at the end of the year which age groups I've worked with most.


At St Katherines School in Pill the kids overdosed on name-dropping titles. Four mashed up TV and movie icons there, such fun.


The 6 celebrities these groups chose for my demonstration strip were Tom Holland, Hermione Granger, Emma Watson (yes, she was chosen separately under both names), William Shakespeare, Simon Cowell and Beyonce.


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...