Tuesday 28 January 2020

Everyone Will Go Bald Eventually - comics by kids


This new year's Comic Art Masterclasses have been characterised by a spate of brand new schools, new to me that is. I sent out a big email at the start of the school year back in September, and my chickens have very much come home to roost. All six school visits this month have been to schools I'd never visited before, and I believe I've left some happy customers in my wake. These examples are for Clase Primary School in Swansea, my second Welsh speaking school on the year.


Hythe Primary in Southampton came up with a couple of crackers. And, though I'm very busy drawing Findlay Macbeth right now, they were worth taking the time to colour properly.


Final school of the month was Abbey Juniors, where a very witty and erudite pair of groups, all year 6 girls - sorry Lower Third ladies - came up with a ridiculously high standard of work. Lunch was a very high standard too. Frankly, you gets what you pays for with a private school, and I'm pleased that I get to work with schools of all sorts.


The six celebrities these groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Michael McIntyre, James Charles, Cleopatra (yes, the Queen Of The Nile), Kanye West, Marti Pellow (a pupil had just been in panto with him) and Boris Johnson.


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...