Wednesday 1 February 2023

Second short story written


Apropos of nothing, a photo taken today in Tallaght. Dracupuncture seemed to me like it would involve a lot of biting. 

Hooray. I got a short story, called Tea Shop, written. It's 3750 words long at the moment and is the second Lady Lucy short story I've done, having written one last Friday.

I was having difficulty with it all day, this being the Wednesday of my week in Dublin, the day between schools. I coloured comic covers, I shillied, and I shallied.

I showed Hev my half finished work, when I was stuck after 4 paragraphs, and she went away and started writing a story of her own. Embellishing (or is that correcting) mine, and going in a direction entirely of her own.

Meanwhile it wasn't until I'd eaten, and come back to my room after 7pm, that I got stuck into writing. And, as is my way, wrote the 3750 words in one sitting.

Bish bash bosh. Hev will of course hate this one too.

But so satisfying to get something completed. Now to take the same application and use it to finish off the two damn novels and get them published, and we'll see if the things sell.

UPDATE: Tuesday 8 Feb, got The Tea Shop rewritten, now on 4244 words.

Weds 9 Feb, got The Queue rewritten, up from 2138 to 2822 words.


My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Lulu
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon
Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...