Thursday 23 November 2023

Facebook ad for Richard The Third


Some people boast of great success with their Facebook ads, and I am so lackadaisical that I have no idea how well mine have done, if indeed they've ever achieved anything. Let's see how well this latest one does. Set at £2 a day for 7 days, I shall keep an eye on it and see if it turns into sales. The ad links to my website which has, at the top of the page, the links to buy the books. We shall see what that does. State of play on first morning looks like this:


I've reached 850 people and had one Link Click so far, which has cost me 82p. Coincidentally I've sold one copy of the book today (D2D gives me up to the minute updates, I've sold 22 copies so far this month).

My previous ad, as you can see, managed 4957 reach, and 124 clicks. Coincidentally Midsummer Nights Dream Team (for that is the advert's subject) has sold 14 books, which is more than the unadvertised others (FM 9, PODS 7, Tales from The Bible 3). Let's keep monitoring this correlation (or indeed coincidence). Remember, Richard sold 21 copies in 3 weeks without an advert.


By the end of its week long run, the ad has reached 5740 people, got 38 clicks, cost me £13.92. And I've sold an additional... 5 books. Yes 21 books sold in November pre-advert, and 5 sold post-advert. Suggesting the ad did nothing. Profit from 5 books is about £6, so Return On Investment is minus £7.

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones

Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon Webtoons
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...