Sunday 14 April 2024

Hotel reviews - Ireland

 


I ask you, what kind of mental contraption is this shower, from Mountain Widok guest house in Killorglin, County Kerry? While we're at it, I never found out what a Widok was. I shall assume a typo. 

Mountain Widok, Killorglin



Scored 8.0
A lovely family home, with a warm welcome, a smashing quiet location, and a great view on a good day.
No real complaints. That shower was a bit mental - first of all it squirted cold water at me horizontally, then from the seat upwards, and try as I might I could not work out how to adjust the temperature. Then all of a sudden it gave me hot water from above, and all was sorted. There was no milk for the tea and coffee (though I could have asked, I just didn't bother) and the choice of TV channels was a bit limited (unless you love whatever's on RTE in which case you were sorted).

Dublin Skylon

A lovely hotel, very conveniently located for my work (in Finglas) and with parking (that costs an extra tenner but is worth it). Also the TV had a good range of channels, including BBC, which suited me. A tight-fisted traveller like myself has a good choice of takeaways and a Lidl right outside.

No complaints. Though, watching my budget, I didn't stump up for breakfast, which seemed a bit pricey for my meagre needs.

Plaza Hotel, Tallaght

Perfect hotel in perfect location for work, and with free parking in the basement car park, and an excellent breakfast. Plus the TV was Smart, and had Youtube working on it (Netflix too, but I didn't risk using my password just in case), so I was well catered for.

Ach, what's not to like about Tallaght? You don't have to answer that. And luckily you don't have to venture out into Tallaght if you don't want to.

Travelodge, Swords

Convenient for someone who's flying early, with a garage for refuelling and a Lidl just across the way. And the car park is free, which is an absolute delight.

No complaints.

Easyhotel

Surprisingly good. When I first saw the room I thought it was a bit small and stark, but in fact it had everything I needed and is in a convenient location for shops, eateries and parking.

The TV looked like it had more channels than it ended up having (the BBC channels weren't working, but maybe that was temporary).

Phoenix Hotel

A nice old place, conveniently situated for work.
I know it's unfair, but the previous night I'd stayed at another hotel, equally convenient for work, and I'd have been better off there because there was better parking close by and more choice on the telly. This place only had RTE and Irish channels, no more exotic choices, and defo no BBC, ITV, Channel 4 or any such. I guess the fact that it was Taskmaster and Apprentice night was on my mind. Parking was on street and metered, with a frustrating meter which wouldn't let you pay in advance for the following morning, so I had to get up and stuff a meter at 7am.


My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon Webtoons
Joseph, Ruth & Other Stories - Lulu
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...