Thursday 10 June 2010

Edinburgh Fringe prog 2010 - I like

I've just had my first excited read of the Fringe Programme 2010 and I'm delighted. I like the new layout, I think the photo listings do the acts a great favour (many are as effective as a paid-for ad, and I bet loads of acts are kicking themselves that they didn't get a good photo sent in now), and I think this year's line-up looks stronger than ever.

I had a few thoughts about who might be likely for awards, so here are my totally unreliable predictions:

Comedy Award Nominees
Sarah Millican
Alex Horne
Shappi Khorsandi
Jeremy Lion
Jason Byrne

Best newcomer
Gary Delaney
Nat Luurtsema
Andi Osho
Greg Davies

Scottish Act Likely to get a nomination
Susan Calman

Shows with stupid titles that nevertheless sound intriguing
Nick Mohammed is Mr Swallow

Titles that least make me want to see the show
Dark Side Of The Poon
Testaclese and Ye Sack of Rome
Quantum Sheep and a Load of Balls
Quiz in My Pants
Cum All Ye Faithfull
Laugh? You'll Shit Yourself!
About Nothing in Particular - Free
Exceptionally Average - Free
A Study of Embarrassment by a Guy with Two Bumholes
Kunt and the Gang

All in all an exciting line-up, with a good spread of shows around an increasingly wide variety of venues. Just The Tonic's line up in the Caves is particularly good (inc Wil Hodgson, Phil Kay, Henning Wehn, Susan Calman +), with good acts at the GRV (inc Robin Ince, James Sherwood), the Tron (John Robins, Gordon Southern, Andrew O'Neill), lots of stuff on the Free Fringes, a new marquee venue in Princes St Gardens, and of course the usual stellar line up at the Assembly, Gilded Balloon, Underbelly and Pleasance.

Here we go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...