Saturday 26 October 2019

My Nana Plays Minecraft - comic by kids


These two classes at Bishop's Hull primary in Taunton were a delight. Year 5 and 6 are the prime audience for the class, and it's heartening when the teachers ask for your details afterwards so they can recommend you to other schools. Also they came up with titles that wouldn't scare the horses, which makes a change.


Here at Hilgay Riverside primary in Downham Market, Norfolk, I was surprisingly pleased with that Godzilla, resulting as it did from a class where we were really pressed for time. Shows what you can do when you're working against the clock. The colour on these covers, by the way, is done by me later when I get home. Often it takes longer than the class itself did. You're welcome.

At St Andrews in Evesham I just did a morning class, courtesy of Bible Society for whom I'd drawn artwork as prizes for pupils who'd entered a story writing competition. The year 3 class was called Medlar (it's been quite the week for imaginatively titled classes, as you'll see from above I've also taught a Tawny, a Barn, an Oak, a Morpurgo, and a Horowitz class).


The celebs these five groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, David Walliams, Stormzy and Simon Cowell.


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...