Saturday 15 February 2020

I Got Locked In My Nan's Closet - comics by kids


A busy week of Comic Art Masterclasses saw me travelling the width of the country. These two are from St Josephs Primary in Swansea, a school I think I've visited four times now. Amazingly it's the first, and so far only, return visit of the year so far, all my other classes being at schools who are having me in for the first time.


This school, enduring my presence for the first time, is Little Paxton in St Neots, Cambridgeshire. Yes, a bit of a drive, but well worth it. Lovely kids and smashing work.


The first of these was produced at a lad called Kit's birthday party, held at the prestigious Cartoon Museum in London. Great fun, and (whisper it) I got into the museum for free to. It's brilliant. The second is from Bedstone School in Shropshire, who only had me for half a day, courtesy of Bible Society who's given me as a prize in a story writing competitione. Congratulations to Joe, the year 6 pupil who won me.


The celebrities these 6 groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Donald Trump (twice), Kim Nam Joon (from a K Pop band, I'm told), Boris Johnson, Ariana Grande, and Neymar.

And while I'm on, can I remind you my debut graphic novel Findlay Macbeth is about to be published. If you'd like to bag an advance copy, or even get the chance to buy original art pages, go to my Kickstarter here. Thanks.


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. His debut graphic novel Findlay Macbeth comes out in March. Follow Kev on Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...