Saturday 20 August 2022

Last Breath From Hell - new comics by kids


I'm quite pleased with this little batch of comics, produced both during the Edinburgh Fringe and back home while the Fringe has been carrying on without us. I say back home, this involves a fair bit of driving. 

Newington Library in Edinburgh was the only class I did during my brief run at the Fringe, on the Saturday morning before our final show. As is so often the case with these summer holiday classes, they're free and they allocate the full 30 tickets, and only a dozen turn up. It makes for a cosy and fun class.

I was back home for little more than a day before I set back up north to Darlington, two thirds of the way back to Edinburgh. During which journey I had Hev on the phone in a bit of a state as the thunderstorms had finally arrived and we had water coming from our newly-replaced gutters into our lounge. I, for my part, saw no rain on all of my journeys, and there was she with rain falling from our ceiling onto our TV set. Not good.

The following day's classes at Edgware Library (where, once again, I missed the rain. The previous day the flooding on the nearby North Circular had made the national news, by the time I arrived it was bone dry again) led to two of my favourite covers. The first using reference from Night Of The Demon, which was great fun to draw, and the second homaging a comic cover that some might recognise and some might not. It was of course...

The celebrities these five groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were William Shakespeare, Billie Eilish, Stephen Mulhearn, Elton John, and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.


Kev F's Comic Art Masterclass - make a comic in a couple of hours. Suitable for kids age 7 and older, Taking bookings now
.

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Paperback - Kindle - Etsy (signed)
Prince Of Denmark Street - Paperback - Kindle - Etsy (signed)
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Paperback - Kindle - Etsy (signed)
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Paperback

Tales From The Bible - Paperback -  Kindle -  Etsy (signed)

Bowie By Robot - Paperback -  Kindle
Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu £10.94 - Etsy £6.99
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon £15.32 - Lulu £10.72 - Etsy £6.99
Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon £11.84 - Lulu £9.98 - Etsy £6.99
Punk Colouring - Amazon £15.61 - Lulu £10.98 - Etsy £6.99
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon £10.98 - Lulu £10.98 - Etsy £6.99
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon £12.69 - Lulu £10.98 - Etsy £6.99




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...