Saturday 8 October 2022

Dad Where Is The Milk Of Sins? - comics by kids


For the first time since August, I have a clutch of comics produce by kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses. September is often a quiet month for classes, this was particularly so.


Port Talbot Library was a fun pair of classes, with kids shipped over from nearby primary schools. They came up with some novel, if surprisingly long, titles.


It was, amazingly, the first time I'd ever been into Leicester Central Library, given how long I lived there and how often I go back. That's not strictly true. I went into the old library, and indeed that was where I first showed up when I arrived in town on Thursday morning. But the Central Library has since moved (about a dozen years ago) to the old Municipal Library, and that was where I did my classes. That's an interesting story Kev, tell us more of those. They came up with not only my favourite titles ofthe week, but also the most original suggestion of celebrity for the demo strip (you'll see them shown on the cover as "star guest EB White".


Cowes Enterprise College on the Isle Of Wight was a day of class organised by the IOW Literary Festival, with whom I was delighted to be working, after some years away. I'd like to do more there in the future if my schedule would allow. Year 9 and 10, sadly, didn't come up with the most inspiring titles, but the classes were fun.

The celebrities these six groups chose to appear in my demonstrations strip were Millie Bobby Brown, Drake, EB White (author of Charlotte's Webb and Stuart Little, who we were all surprised to find was male and American), Tom Holland, and Ryan Reynolds (twice, selected by both Isle Of Wight classes).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...