Sunday 16 October 2022

OMG Stop Dying Peppa Pig - more comics by kids


 This week culminated in the Lakes Comic Festival, and saw me line up a very successful four-day run of schools. Of course a rudimentary glance at the map of the north of England might have led me to arrange them in a slightly better order, but that would have been a bit too much for me. So it was that my trajectory went Nelson in Lancs to York to Manchester to Leeds to Bowness On Windermere, which if you draw a line between the points makes it look like I'm trying to scribble the place out.


Marsden Heights is in Nelson in Lancashire and their year 9s gave me the excuse for one of my favourite front covers in a while. The second title continues a bizarre "dad went to get milk" meme that has now appeared on at least four covers this term. No, me neither.


St Georges Primary in York's year 6 continued the meme nonsense with this Shrek title, then the year 4s did themselves justice with a bottom themed title.


Old Trafford Community Academy came up with a couple of nifty titles, though they did sadly set off a chain of Peppa Pig titles which, when they start, are hard to stop.


Allerton High in Leeds kept the Peppa Pig theme going, for good or ill, and I must admit they're fun end results.

The celebrities these eight groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Cristiano Ronaldo (three times), Zendaya, Jeff Bezos, Billie Eilish, Barack Obama, and Michael Jackson.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...