Friday 25 August 2023

Seibmoz and other nonsense - more comics by kids


It's been the busiest summer for Comic Art Masterclasses that I think I've ever done. Missing the Edinburgh Fringe as we are (and we are missing it!) means that I've been able to so summer school and holiday classes that I wouldn't be able to otherwise. So August has seen 13 days of classes, two groups a day, these being the last four days of the month: two days at libraries in Nottingham, and two days at a school in Derby.

Clifton library in the morning and Dales library in the afternoon were the start of my two day sojourn to Nottingham. And, as well as delivering my usual sterling sellout classes, I took advantage of the parents at the back of the room by selling them books afterwards. £84 quids worth of books sold in a day, a nice bonus.

Day 2 in Nottingham saw me doing two classes at Clifton library, with two sellout classes, two more fun comics (which I've enjoyed having time to colour in my hotel room in the evening). And, bonus upon bonus, I flogged £126 worth of books after the classes. I'm going to miss classes with parents at the back of room.

Case in point, my two days at St Benedicts school in Derby were a return to working with classrooms full of kids, no parents around so no books to be flogged. The kids were great, a bunch of the incoming Year 7s getting a taste of the school in advance. And coming up with the some of the best comic titles.


The celebrities these eight groups chose to star in my demonstration strip were Billie Eilish, Gordon Ramsey, Harry Potter, Taylor Swift (twice), LeBron James, Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson, and Jenna Ortega.  

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Richard The Third Pre-order on Amazon

Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon 
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  


Richard The Third - Kickstarter runs until August 31st. Join The Battle Of Bosworth!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...