Sunday 21 July 2024

Meteorites Poo From Outer Space - yet more comics by kids


This month's third batch of comics made with kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses is possibly the most satisfying selection of titles and front covers yet. Not a stinker among them, from classes in Somerset, Leicestershire, and Hertfordshire.


Frome Literary Festival's pair of classes was my first visit there and had them pencilling a return booking in the diary by the end. Not did two near-sellout classes give me a nice healthy doorsplit, and not only did I sell a lovely load of books to the parents afterwards, but they came up with two titles that led to two nifty cover designs.


Wednesday's pair of classes took me dangerously close to my old stomping grounds, as I started the day at Market Harborough library. Sadly the route to the afteroon's sessions in Melton Mowbray meant I missed going past my old school and veered right instead of passing through Kibworth. So I didn't get to wave to Mum & Dad's graves, but we produced two smashing comics together. And, yes, I flogged a few books.


Baldock in Hertfordshire is an arts centre that's had me back for a number of years. Memorably it was the final class I delivered in real life before the Covid lockdown of 2020. This time round, disappointingly, the morning class only had three pupils in it, out of six who had booked, while the afternoon was an over-sold sellout. The risks you take doing these things on a doorsplit. The comics were, as ever, a delight.

The celebrities these six groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Jeff Bezos, Cristiano Ronaldo, The Weeknd, and my favourite of the week, suggested by one of the younger members of the group "Edward, but I don't know his surname". We'll never know who, if anyone, he meant, but the suggestion was so hilariously popular it beat the other three hands down.

Oh and how were the book sales at each venue? Frome = 24 books, Harborough & Melton = 15 books, Baldock = 13 books.


My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Paperback

Sweet Smell Of Sockcess - Putting A Show On At The Edinburgh Fringe - Amazon - ebook

Who Notes - Doctor Who Reviews - Amazon - Lulu - ebook
Space Elain - Amazon - Lulu - iBooks - Barnes & Noble 
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon - Webtoons
Joseph, Ruth & Other Stories - Amazon
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...