Hi, Nostradamus here again with my fun-packed New Year pastime for all the family.
You are welcome to join me in the 2012 prediction game. Add your predictions as a comment or reply and in 12 months time we see who came closest. First here are the questions:
1) Which classic TV show will be remade in 2012?
2) Which TV shows will be cancelled in 2012?
3) Who will surprise by getting their own hit TV series?
4) What new movie franchise will be announced/made?
5) How much will litre of petrol cost in Dec '12 (currently approx £1.30)?
6) Who will win Edinburgh Comedy Award 2012?
a) Best act? b) Best newcomer?
7) Celeb on the Slab?
8) Who will win the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest?
9) Who will become Mayor of London?
10) Who will be 13th Doctor Who?
11) Who will win US Presidency?
12) Who will be Labour leader at end of 2012?
13) Will any countries leave the Euro? If so who?
14) Surprise country to have a revolution/uprising?
15) What will be surprise invention/technicological advance?
16) Will average UK house prices rise or fall by Dec '12?
17) Biggest scandal
18) Biggest change in national newspapers
19) Biggest weather news
20) Christmas Number 1
Now, my guesses...
1) The Good Life, The Avengers, Danger Mouse, Adam Adamant Lives, Fawlty Towers (the musical)
2) Top Gear, Doctor Who, X Factor, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Hollyoaks
3) Christine Bleakley
4) Desperate Dan
5) £1.30 (ie no overall change)
6) a) A former Cambridge Footlighter b) An Avalon act
7) Prince Phillip - during the Olympics
9) Boris Johnson again
10) Himish Patel (plays Tamwar in Eastenders)
11) Barack Obama again
12) Ed Miliband still
13) No. Italy.
14) Southern states of USA
15) The roll-up iPad
16) Fall by 5%
17) Ricky Gervais jailed
18) Sun adds Sunday edition
19) Snow & ice begins in October
20) Poverty charity single inc Bananarama