Sunday 1 March 2015

Eastenders to Madonna - Facebook & Twitter diary update


When I draw a flipchart from my Kev F's Comic Art Masterclasses I try to draw as many female characters as male. It's not easy, when the kids ask almost universally for male characters. Come on people who were inventing superheroes 50-to-75 years ago, invent more women for them to put in films half a century later!

And while I'm wittering away, surely I've written something worth remembering on Twitter or Facebook?


So the lesson is: Wear Armani and you'll get pulled off.

March 1st. This morning I remembered to say Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits very first thing and, most of my drive, I had a rainbow ahead of me, its foot landing on the bit I was about to drive through. So, if anything goes wrong this month, that's two superstitions scientifically tested right there.

Inspired by David Essex's poems on @5WrightStuff I just wrote one:
When I met John Lennon
He said "nothing rhymes with Lennon"
Then when we were parting he
Said "but even less rhymes with McCartney"

Just bought the new Doctor Who Comic at a motorway services and it's brilliant. The best written and drawn Doctor Who strips I've read in years, perfectly nailing the 3 different styles of the three Doctors. It's £3.99 for 80 odd pages, all comic strip no filler. Isn't that the same price as the much-thinner Doctor Who Adventures? http://downthetubes.net/?p=19768

Paul Gannon: Thanks to Kev Sutherland for his AMAZING artwork - this will be a piece that will be signed by ALL our guests and many of Mark Watson's to auction after the show and raise a little more money! THANKS KEV https://my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/geekatorium27podcast

 Currently watching Dirty Dancing for the first time ever. Wondered whatever happened to Jennifer Grey, and the truth is sad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Grey The phrase "cut her nose off to spite her face" is the one you're looking for.



Am I being unfair (based on a discussion last night) in saying Mel & Sue are the most famous comedy double act who've never actually been a comedy double act? Presenters, yes, but have they ever done what you'd call a comedy show? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_and_Sue





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...