Friday 23 August 2019

Partying and bonus gigs - extracurricular Edinburgh


Here’s me having my photty took with Kevin McMahon and Garry Roost at the So You Think You’re Funny Party at the Gilded Balloon on Thursday night. I had a fun time, quick dance, chatted to a few folk, then made my way home relatively early. I’ve not been a night owl this year at Edinburgh, but have enjoyed the stuff I’ve done outside of my regular show.

I’ve done Chortle Fast Fringe three times (July 31, Aug 10, Aug 23); Ben Phillips’ Not So Secret Cabaret  at Fingers Bars on Frederick Street 3 times (Aug 4, 15, 20); Dave Nattriss’s Music Comedy show (Aug 8); Imaan Hadchiti’s midnight variety show (Aug 3); the open air stage at Edinburgh Airport twice (Aug 2 & 20); Sarah McGuinness’s Back To Blacks chat show (Aug 21); and a live interview, including a song, with Sky News (Aug 4).

I’ve partied, as much as I ever party these days, at the Ed Fest Launch at Brewhemia, and Patter House Launch (both July 30); Gilded Balloon Preview Show, and List Festival Party at Summerhall (both Aug 1); the Bath Comedy Festival Soiree with Nick & Ralph in Dean Village (Aug 15); at the So You Think You’re Funny Party (Aug 22); and tonight at the Malcolm Hardee Awards (Aug 23). 


President Obonjo's Security Detail. Tough as.

I don’t know if this is more or less extra gigging than previous years, but it’s felt good and I’ve enjoyed rubbing shoulders with other acts. 

Other extra curricular activities having included seeing Jude and the family, having a meal with relatives including Irene and Diana, and of course going up The Glen to scatter Mum’s ashes. We’ve also had tea with Hazel & Tim and Jeremy Dixon, and I’ve been out for after show drinks with more people than I can remember, including James from Bedfringe, Gareth & Sarah late of Lass O Gowrie, Peter and family, Ellie and boyfriend, the Klein-Bissetts, Hazel & Tim, Stephen & Nick, Helen & Alex, George, Jude, Doug & the kids, oh there were so many of you this year, sorry if I’ve missed you.

With three shows to go (it’s Friday afternoon as I write), this Edinburgh has flown by faster than any other and been more enjoyable as far as my show was concerned (though complications with building work at home have rather marred our final week, and caused upset in ways you don’t need to know about). My usual Edinburgh audit will follow soon. Now, let’s prepare for a final Fast Fringe and a Friday sellout.



Until August 25th, The Scottish Falsetto Socks ROLL UP! at the Gilded Balloon Patter Hoose 9.30pm, every night of the Edinburgh Fringe 2019. On sale now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...