Thursday 15 March 2012

All done bar the shouting. And gigs.



As quickly as it had vanished, the power supply to my laptop has mysteriously reappeared so I can blog again. And without us really realising it, the month in Adelaide has whizzed by and we only have four days left. Four days jam packed with last minute gigs. For the next three days the Socks will be performing in the Caravan in Rundle Mall, hopefully reaching out to those punters who've still not encountered our magnificence and come to see the show, and on Sunday, our last day in town, we perfiorm on the bandstand once more.

I don't know if I've done full justice in my descriptions of the bandstand in The Garden of Unearthly Delights, so maybe this tiny bit of video (above), which I've eked with the greatest difficulty out of my camera, will give you a taste. It's from a weekend or so back when the Socks did an on-stage interview with SAFM. Rather disconcertingly the interview was recorded without the punters in the park being able to hear it, then was played back as it went out on air, meaning the poor interviewees have to stand there looking puzzled as their voices boom out through the speakers. Of course, this being Australia, there are lots of adverts. I mean lots of adverts. Jesus God you've never suffered as many adverts as you suffer watching Australian TV or listening to Australian radio (I cannot wait to get back to the BBC next week). So the Socks busied themselves by miming to a couple.

Talking of changing the subject, though I say so myself, every now and again I take some cracking photos. This was in the Museum of South Australia last week...


The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre are at The Garden Of Unearthly Delights, Adelaide every night at 7.45 until March 18th. Tickets here.

Four & a half thumbs-up review from The Punch
"Roll up roll up" - Adelaide Advertiser review
"Side-splitting laughs" - FIVEaa review
"Head-slappingly funny" - Festival Freak review
Adelaide Waiting - Socks video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When will you be at the caravan?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...