Thursday, 26 December 2013
Predictions for 2014
Last year I never quite got round to trying to predict 2013, but given how successful my Predictions for 2012 turned out perhaps I needn't bother. But bother I shall. Please join in if you so desire. Here come the questions, followed by my stab at a prediction...
1) Which classic TV show will be remade in 2014?
- Kev's guess(es): The Likely Lads, Doomwatch, Catweazle, Crackerjack, The Young Ones.
2) Which TV shows will be cancelled in 2014?
- Doctor Who, The X Factor, Downton Abbey, Hollyoaks, Atlantis.
3) Who will surprise by getting their own hit TV series?
- Justin Lee Collins, Rolf Harris, Bobby Davro, Millicent Martin, Katie Puckrick.
4) What new movie franchise will be announced/made?
- Strontium Dog, Heros The Spartan, Captain Pugwash, Robot Archie, Tales From Tollgate School.
5) How much will litre of petrol cost in Dec '14 (currently approx £1.30)? *
- £1.30 again
6) Who will win Edinburgh Comedy Award 2014?
a) Best act? b) Best newcomer?
a) Posh boy from Cambridge b) Posh girl from Cambridge
7) Celeb on the Slab?
- Piers Morgan
8) Who will win the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest?
- FYR Macedonia
9) Who will put themselves forward to be Mayor of London?
- Rebecca Brooks
10) Who will play The Master in Doctor Who?
- Tom Hiddleston
11) Result of the Scottish Independence vote?
- Stay in. 75%.
12) Who will be Labour leader at end of 2014?
- Chukka Umunna
13) Will any countries leave the Euro? If so who?
- Yes, Portugal, irreconcilable differences.
14) Surprise country to have a revolution/uprising?
- Yes, Qatar.
15) What will be surprise invention/technicological advance?
- A clamshell smartphone.
16) Will average UK house prices rise or fall by Dec '14?
17) Biggest scandal
- Ted Heath child murderer.
18) Band to split up?
- One Direction.
19) Biggest weather news
- Most average year on record.
20) Christmas Number 1
- Band Aid 30
Those are the predictions from the Kev F jury. What say you?
* UPDATE Jan 3rd: I just bought my first tank of petrol of 2014 at Tescos. The price on the pump was £130.9 a litre but I had a voucher for 5p off per litre so I paid £125.9 a litre. I therefore have no idea how much a litre of petrol costs.