Saturday 29 October 2016

Donald Lets Out A Big Trump - comics by kids


It's half term but that doesn't stop me doing Comic Art Masterclasses. These are from Manchester Literature Festival, held in the Central Library. And haven't I gone to town on the colouring? It's by way of me not doing too many classes at the moment, and being otherwise busy on my drawing board and thus in the swing of comic art. I hope people don't get too used to this level of after-care.




These, held in a large shed called the Art Retreat in Woodbridge in Suffolk, were organised by a group of parents who'd seen me doing classes in the summer at the nearby Latitude Festival.


These are from the Beano day at Three Bridges school in Crawley where, you'll read elsewhere, I lost my voice. Because they weren't my usual format of classes, there was no time for me to draw the pupils' caricatures and therefore, as the eagle-eyed will spot, the kids didn't get to add their little contributions to the covers (they each draw something while they're waiting to be drawn).



The celebrities these groups chose to tread on the worm (see blogs passim) show a depressing recent trend. They chose Donald Trump 3 times, plus Simon Cowell, Katy Perry and Keith Lemon.



Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...