Wednesday 14 December 2016

Lookylikeys & Who's that girl?


Embarrassing admission of the day. I was praising the actress who stars in My Mother And Other Strangers, saying how different she looked in The Crown and The Missing. Turns out they're two totally different actresses. Lia Williams and Hattie Morahan. Has anyone else made this mistake with any other not-all-that-similar-when-you-look-properly actors?

Felicity Harper Took me ages to work out that The Wife and The Mistress were two different people in The Missing. So I am not the best person to judge this...
James Parker Only this year did I realise that Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmell were different people
Hazel Hall I know two sock puppets who are almost indistinguishable - in looks at least.


I'm not going mad am I? They really do look similar.



I made the exact same mistake earlier this year while watching the comedy drama Flowers. I praised the actress for looking so different from her character in W1A and Inside Number 9. Again, a totally different actress. One is Sophia DiMartino from Flowers and Casualty, the other is Ophelia Lovibond of W1A.

UPDATE: In the 2017 series of Sherlock, Steven Moffat has taken advantage of "actor-blindness" in a twist which I shan't tell you, for spoilery reasons. It's not the first time he's done this, as anyone who remembers the final twist of his Jekyll miniseries will remember.

And talking of changing the subject...


The Unicorn and the Wasp. Of course. (For the benefit of every other Doctor Who fan who's been scratching their head, the answer is she was in the Unicorn and the Wasp.) #RogueOne



Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...