Thursday 15 December 2016

Posters to Socks venues


And this is what a load of Socks tour posters looks like. Actually I just took this photo to remind myself that these were the order they arrived in. Rather unhelpfully (but how was he to know) Jez at Thatcopyshop had shuffled them, rather than group them. Which meant, after I'd taken this photo, I then had to rearrange the 140 posters into 14 piles of 10 in order to mail them to their respective venues. Like so...


That's what 140 A3 tour posters looked like, rolled, labelled and about to be posted (for the record I attached return address labels and sellotaped up the overlaps, after this photo). All of which I'm recording now, purely to remind myself in future that this is when I did it this year. (Also if the accountant disputes the £39.90 I spent on 2nd class postage one day in the run up to Christmas, I can prove it was 14 lots of £2.85 for this, not pressies.) If it puts bums on seats, it'll be worth bearing in mind.


The reason for this timing was, urged on by one of the venues, so that our posters will be up and seen at the various theatres' peak times for audiences. They'll see us through the Christmas and panto season, all going well.

These posters haven't gone, yet, to all the venues on our tour. Only 14 of them, most likely to have stuff happening this season, and who already have our tickets on sale. Some venues, eg temporary ones like Kayal in Leicester and Dram in Glasgow, don't really have places they can poster, or people to do it, and some venues later in the tour have yet to put stuff on sale.

Hey ho, what with this, listing all the venues on the Press association, making Twitter ads for them all, oh and Christmas, I'm getting none of my actual artwork done this week (colouring Book Of Esther. I'm one and a half pages in, thought I'd be halfway through by now!). But needs must when forward planning calls.



2017 TOUR
Feb 15 - Buxton Pavilion Arts Centre Studio 
Feb 17 & 18 6.50pm - Kayal, Leicester Comedy Fest
March 9 - Aberystwyth Arts Centre
March 15 & 16 - Dram! Glasgow Com Fest
March 23 - The Bill Murray, London
Apr 6 - Victoria Theatre Halifax
Apr 8 - Rondo Bath 
Apr 13 - Hexham Queen's Hall 
Apr 22 - Swindon Arts 
Apr 27 - Stroud Subscription Rooms 
Apr 28 - Merlin Theatre Frome 
Apr 29 - Perth Concert Hall 
May 1 - Chiddingstone Castle Kent 
May 5 - Artrix Bromsgrove
May 6 - Stafford Gatehouse
May 13 (4.30pm) & May 14 (5.30pm) Komedia Brighton
May 19 - Carriageworks Leeds
May 26 - Aberdeen May Fest
June 2 - Eden Ct Inverness
June 15 - Crescent Arts, Belfast
June 17 - Dalkey Festival, Dublin
June 24 - Ludlow Fringe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...