Monday 23 December 2019

Findlay Macbeth work diary, part 2: rewriting & editing


Having finished the script and rough pencil layouts on Friday Dec 20 (see work diary), I then asked if anyone would like to read it and give me feedback. So far I have the most detailed notes in from Steve (Noble), and shorter notes from Hev and from Graham Exton. All very helpful.

Hev found the intro hard to follow, especially working out who the characters were. Hopefully the above Cast List, which I was already working on, will help.

Steve drew attention to the redundant management speak in the epilogue, which I'd already rewritten (bringing the total number of pages now up to 121).

Christmas business is now upon us, so any work I do is in snatched moments, but I'm currently rewriting the opening scenes (The Norwegian Takeover) and looking at the whole rest of the book. A few days off, and more feedback still to come, will help me see it afresh and get it right before I start drawing.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...