Sunday 8 July 2012

There Are Idiots - comics by the kids of St Mark's

A very special grab-bag of comics here, from the pupils of St Marks Primary in Hanwell, who were kind enough to have Kev F's Comic Art Masterclasses in their school for three days this week. Just look at some of the results (click to enlarge)...



We produced 6 comics, between the 6 groups I worked with, but I rather clumsily failed to bring home the last one from Friday afternoon, so apologies to that group, your comic was brilliant though wasn't it? And, as you can see, I've also included a handful of the comic strips by the pupils themselves, which appear in the comic book they take home, along with a caricature of each of them. These are randomly selected from pupils in years 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can see the strips a little larger here.

For the record, the celebrities they chose for the demonstration strip were Michael Jackson, Bob Kane (pick of the week), Will I Am, Roald Dahl, and Will Smith.

See these and many more in my Comic Art Masterclass archive.

I'm Kev F, the comic writer and artist whose work appears in The Beano, Marvel comics, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf Smegazine, Viz, 2000AD and many points inbetween. If you would like to bring my Comic Art Masterclass to your school or art centre, drop me a line, a comment, a Twitter, Bat-Phone, whatever works. Click below to see more, including video and contact details.



RECOMMENDED COMIC BOOKS & GRAPHIC NOVELS for Comic Art Masterclass students, teachers and librarians


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...