Tuesday 6 November 2012

Granny's Back - new comics by kids

Good Lord, have I really not posted up any comics produced by kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses since way back in July? Well, classes resumed in September and I've done one or two schools a week since then, so do please enjoy this bumper bundle.



Above (click to enlarge) are the covers of comics produced by pupils in schools in Loughborough, Rockbeare in Devon, Sherborne, Milton Keynes, and Sandringham Primary in Newham who've had me in four times this term, gawd bless em. The spot colour is something I've added afterwards to brighten things up. Every kid in every class goes home with a copy of a black & white comic containing strips by everyone else in the class, and all of their individual caricatures, a handful of which you can see above.

Continuing to keep an eye on which celebrities they suggest for my famous "...Steps On A Worm" demonstration, the above classes came up with Osama Bin Laden, Michael Jackson (four times), Simon Cowell, Rowan Atkinson, David Beckham, Daniel Craig, Jesse J and, my favourite off-beat suggestion of the month, Adam Sandler.

I'm Kev F, the comic writer and artist whose work appears in The Beano, Marvel comics, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf Smegazine, Viz, 2000AD and many points inbetween. If you would like to bring my Comic Art Masterclass to your school or art centre, drop me a line, a Facebook comment, a Twitter, Klingon mind-meld, whatever works. Click below to see more, including video and contact details.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...