Saturday 19 October 2013

Top Of The Lakes, too



Having fun here in Kendal, at the Lakes International Comic Art Festival, with a brilliant traditional night in a bar full of comics folks last night (at Brewery Arts) the like of which I've missed for the last few years, followed by a jam-packed sellout (okay, free) Comic Art Masterclass in Kendal Library this morning (that's me and the flipchart above), all following a splendid all-day class at a Primary school in Withersnack yesterday - you heard me, Withersnack. And, as I type, I have the Viz talk tonight to look forward to, interviewing Graham Dury and Simon Thorp on stage at the Brewery.

The participation of the shops and businesses of Kendal in this whole event is truly impressive, with window after window making some attempt to comic itself up. Just a couple of examples below, I look forward to seeing a whole collection of them online soon. I'm full of praise for the organisers, I look forward to hearing good reports.


 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...