Thursday 29 August 2013

Youtoobling - Jewish Pop

A hobby of mine of long standing is Youtoobling, watching one pop video after another and tweeting them as I go along. I think of it like DJ-ing and occasionally people join in an Retweet them. This month of August I've indulged a few times, rather than going out after I get home from my Edinburgh show. Here are some of the strings of loosely-connected pop videos I've found, beginning with Jewish pop music, inspired by a show we'd seen that day. It was August 17th...

Saw the excellent today at . You should see him, he's this good: Also v funny and all true


Inspired by 's show today, here's Billboard Top 30 Jewish artists by record sales

God Gave Rock & Roll To You, Kiss

Lucky Stars, with Gaby Roslin

The Dean & I, 10CC

Something For The Girl With Everything, Sparks

My Old School, Steely Dan

On & On, Stephen Bishop

Janis Ian, At 17 Last year on Dutch TV. Voice still sounds like it's 1977.

Lonely Boy, Andrew Gold

Overnight Sensation, Eric Carmen's Raspberries & Jim Henson's Muppets
 
Angie Baby, Helen Reddy (file under Artists You Didn't Know Were Jewish)

Carole Bayer Sager, I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love

Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, Billy Joel

The Queen of 1964, Neil Sedaka

Jack Sparrow, Michael Bolton, Andy Samberg

Connection, Elastica

Inbetweener, Sleeper

Hanukah Song, Adam Sandler

Perform This Way, Weird Al Yankovic

Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Judy Garland, Yip Harburg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...