Sunday 9 February 2014

Beano art sells for charity + Largs class art


 Here we see the fab poster that the Vikingar centre in Largs have done for my forthcoming Comic Art Masterclass in March. Always interesting to see the pictures someone will choose for my back catalogue, and in the case of Largs it's an obscure panel from An Ickle Bitty Werewolf On Bash Street. Book now. By "K Sutherland of Marvel fame" might be stretching it, but if it puts bums on seats, so be it.

In the meantime, I've just received this: "..in September you very kindly gave me the Beano sketch that you did on the last day of the Beano exhibition in London so that we could auction it for our family support charity Home-Start in Richmond.

"I'm delighted to be able to tell you that, last night at a charity ball hosted by the Mayor of Richmond, your sketch raised a phenomenal £550. It was bought by a lovely guy who owns the famous Maids of Honour tea rooms next to Kew Gardens and he was delighted with it."
So, how's about that? 550 quid for a Beano flipchart page? I tell you some thing, I've gone up in my estimation. (And will continue giving them away for free, of course).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...