Tuesday 6 May 2014

My acoustic guitar - on sale on eBay


Contain yourselves, don't get too excited but, this guitar is on sale on eBay. NOW! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291141026517 There's even a video:


This beautiful Hohner acoustic guitar - an LW400N Arbor (he says, as if he'd ever read the label until today) - was used in my comedy stage act from 1989 until the mid 2000s and still sounds great - see me demonstrate it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1doaS...

It was bought in 1989, after its predecessor got trodden on at a gig in London (as a result of which I had to borrow Mark Lamarr's guitar to do the show). This isn't Mark Lamarr's guitar, I hasten to add, this is mine. And soon it'll be yours.

It comes complete with soft guitar case and a couple of plectrums. And memories, so many memories. This guitar has been on stage with me for comedy shows all over the country, when I've preceded or followed such names as Peter Kay, Lee Mack, Tim Vine, Frank Skinner, Jo Brand, Simon Pegg, Miranda Hart and a hundred others. Why, many of them may have actually touched this guitar, while moving it out of their way backstage at such prestigious venues as The Comedy Box in Bristol and The Monkhouse Club in Leicester.

I wouldn't be surprised if Simon Pegg and Miranda Hart's fingerprints (and possibly even their DNA) is still all over this guitar.  It's played the old Comedy Store, the original Jongleurs, and dozens of comedy clubs that you needn't look for cos they're not there any more (the second Spinal Tap reference of the day, you'll find another in the demo video).

Collect only. I shan't risk posting this baby.

Guitar. On eBay. Priceless. But, for you, starting at £5.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...