Friday 9 May 2014

OMG It's A Unicorn - new comics by school kids

Here we see a new selection of comics created by pupils in my Comic Art Masterclasses in schools in Newbury and King's Heath. All of them Year 5s, as it happens. And there are glimpses of just some of their faces. I draw a caricature of everyone in the class, which they take home along with the photocopied comic containing a strip by every single one of them.

If you'd like me to come to your school, library or art centre to share some of the wisdom I've gleaned from my 25 years writing and drawing comics, don't hesitate to get in touch.

The celebrities they chose for the whole "treads on a worm" demonstration (about which I'll tell you more some day) were Miley Cyrus, Matt Smith, Keith Lemon, Will I Am and Taylor Swift. (Simon Cowell was suggested in 3 out of 5 classes, as per usual).



As well as writing Bananaman and drawing Pansy Potter in The Beano, Kev F Sutherland has worked for everyone from Marvel to Doctor Who & most points inbetween, and runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He's been writing and drawing comics for 25 years, he must know something.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...