Monday 13 March 2023

Comic Sales Feb/Mar 23



 Sales continue to rise, on Amazon via Lulu. Not a lot, but a bit. £38.48 in Feb, following £34.92 in Jan, and £26.87 in Dec. The sales were:

Prince Of Denmark Street  - 18 (US, generating only £3.05 profit in total!)
Scottish Pop - 14 (US)
Bowie Col - 9 (US)
Eurovision Vol 2 - 8 (US)
Dr Who Col - 1 (US)
Punk  - 1 (US)
60s Pop - 2 (US), 1 (Aus)
70s Pop - 1 (US)

... at which point I realise that's just the US & Aus sales. The UK and Europe are yet to come. Stay tuned for updates.

Update: March 18th. Nope, seems that was it. I only made sales in the US and Australia, and not a single one in the UK or Germany. Very odd. In December, I sold 13 books to Germany, then only one in January, so none in Feb makes sense. UK sales went: December 7 copies, January 8, so Feb none must just be the way it went. The US is my growth market, it would seem.

Sales through Blurb, via Ingram, seem to be going from strength to strength. We have a total of 60 sales and £20.04 profit to date, up on last month's running total of 25 sales, £16.83 profit. No, I don't understand how you get more than double the sales, and not more than double the money. I've been paid none of it yet. The sales are for:

Eurovision Vol 1 - 13 copies (US), 1 (Aus), 4 (UK)
Prince Of Denmark Street - 10 copies (US, generating NO profit. What have I done wrong with that book?), 1 (UK, also no profit)
Comic By Kids - 1 (Aus), 4 (US)
Anime That Took Your Mum Away - 8 (Aus), 2 (US)

Etsy sales so far this year = 27 sales, £170.27 (up from £117 a month ago).

Obviously there are no more KDP sales, and I won't get the money for any books I sold from my now cancelled account. 

This time last year KDP was my sole earner for the books online, and it was doing great guns. In 3 months I'd sold 37 Eurovisions, 33 1980s Pop, and a good few of all the other Colouring books, at a much lower cover price and a much higher profit margin. Still, then was then.



Draft2Digital's not the big earner, then. Four quid this month.

My Books and where to get them:


Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon
Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...