Saturday 4 March 2023

Faster Poopie Faster! - comics by kids in Scotland


Who knew World Book Week and Will Eisner Week fell at the same time? Well they do, and so it was that the busiest week I could have sold ten times over saw me going up to Scotland for three days of classes (and Socks shows, for which see elsewhere). Of course the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglae. I flew up on Monday night ready to spend a day at St Columba's in Bathgate, only for there to be a Teachers Strike that day. So I spent Tuesday trying to write my book (I added about 500 words, this being re-writing time).

If it was Wednesday, then it had to be Paisley Central Library, whose Stephen Slevin had organised a week of Will Eisner Week events. Mostly for adults, understandably, given that no child has ever, or will ever, know who Will Eisner was (though I decorated a flipchart with a big picture of The Spirit and told them all about him). My classes has been intended to take place in local schools, but the last minute Teachers Strike meant I was in the library instead, and the kids had to come to me. Not many did, I'm afraid, but those that did had a wonderful time.


That Will Eisner flipchart, with which they were left to display at the library.


St Georges, in Edinburgh, is a posh girls school. Whether or not they'd been affected by the Teachers Strike, I didn't learn, but my classes there on Thursday went swimmingly and gave some lovely end results.


Friday saw me at St Columba's in Bathgate, the school I should have been at on Tuesday. Sadly they don't work Friday afternoons, so I just had half a day there, but at least we pulled that out of the fire. And it left me with time to prepare for that evening's Socks show in Paisley, which was a triumph, by the way.



The celebrities these five groups chose to star in my demonstration strip were Roald Dahl, Jackie Chan, Donald Trump, King Charles, and Taylor Swift.

My Books and where to get them:


Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon
Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...