Thursday 30 March 2023

The Day The King Died With A Full Bladder - comics by kids


Three days, five schools, two themes. Vikings, Shakespeare, and whatever you fancy were the themes. Can you spot who came up with which?


The British Library had me back at Leeds Playhouse to day a second day of Shakespeare themed comic classes. I worked with three groups, from three different schools, but only for an hour each. So we did a differently structured class to my usual, concentrating on the Shakespearian adaptation angle. Two of the groups designed the covers themselves (or rather I took stuff they'd drawn and assembled it into a cover) and I just drew one. The image on the left is the flipchart drawing that I did, summing up the theme of the day.


Christ Church Lichfield was a first timer for me, and I'm delighted they had me in. Two lovely groups of year 4s to work with, and a couple of corking front cover ideas emerged from the process.


Malvern Parish haven't had me for a few years, so this was a pleasantly welcome return gig. They wanted their year 3 and 4s to have comics that went with their class topic of Vikings, and by golly that's what they got. 

The celebrities that the four regular classes chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, and Roald Dahl.

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 

Eurovision French edition - édition en français
Eurovision Spanish edition - Libro para colorear
Eurovision German edition - Popstar Malbuch
Eurovision Italian edition - il libro da colorare 
Eurovision Swedish edition - Popstjärna Målarbok
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon

Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
80s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
80s Superstars - Amazon
90s Pop Star Colouring Lulu - Etsy
2020s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon
Rom Com Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...