Tuesday 28 March 2023

Toilet Terminator - comics by kids

A splendid grab bag of comics, produced over three days visiting schools with my Comic Art Masterclasses, in Berkshire, Surrey, and Worcestershire.

Horris Hill in Berks remains one of the poshest schools I visit regularly. This was the place where, when I asked the kids what they wanted to be, one said "I want to be a Conservative Prime Minister." For all I know he is by now. Kids are never too posh to find toilets funny.

The last time I went to Camberley was to play a Socks gig where someone phoned the promoter afterwards to complain that my Michael Jackson routine used the word "paedophile" (which, she said, I dropped like a bomb into a sentence, which is a quote I've kept meaning to put on a poster). This time a teaching assistant complained that I'd said a pupil looked a bit miserable when he was being take out of the class early. Which he did. That notwithstanding, the classes came up with two lovely comic titles, with a nice excuse to get carried away drawing them, (I draw these covers live, in class, while the kids are drawing their characters, so I have about 10 minutes to do them in. I colour them later at leisure.)

Woodrush Primary in Worcestershire is another I've been to before, and always a delight to return to. The pupils were Year 8s, though you'd be hard pressed to guess that from the titles they came up with.


The celebrities these 6 groups came up with to star in my demonstration strip were Dawyne 'The Rock' Johnson, Donald Trump, Ariana Grande, Lionel Messi, Shawn Mendes, and Walter White off of Breaking Bad.

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 

Eurovision French edition - édition en français
Eurovision Spanish edition - Libro para colorear
Eurovision German edition - Popstar Malbuch
Eurovision Italian edition - il libro da colorare 
Eurovision Swedish edition - Popstjärna Målarbok
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon

Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
80s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
80s Superstars - Amazon
90s Pop Star Colouring Lulu
2020s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon
Rom Com Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...