Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Hairy Bottom - more comics by kids

Delightful as ever, the kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses in schools in the past few weeks have come up with these titles for the comics they've produced.



These comics, containing a strip by everyone in the group along with a caricature by me, were each produced in just a few hours (usually at the rate of two a day, though a good few of these have been all-day classes, allowing me to give the students a lot more of my attention and pass on all the more expertise so they can leave school and steal my job). They come from schools in Wymondham Norfolk, Weston Super Mare, Walsall, Chippenham, Halesowen, Backwell Somerset, and Clevedon.

The celebrities they chose for the "walking down the street and treading on a worm" demonstration that I always do were (and I have taken to saying "put your hands down if you're thinking of Simon Cowell" otherwise it'd be him half the time) were: Andrew Garfield, Keith Lemon, Steve McQueen (choice of the week), Labrinth (I tried to correct them on the spelling but they were having none of it), David Tennant, Johnny Depp, Harry Hill and Michael Jackson.

See these and many more in my Comic Art Masterclass archive.


Flipchart pages produced as part of the classes. I'm sure these all made some sort of sense at the time.

I'm Kev F, the comic writer and artist whose work appears in The Beano, Marvel comics, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf Smegazine, Viz, 2000AD and many points inbetween. If you would like to bring my Comic Art Masterclass to your school or art centre, drop me a line, a comment, a Twitter, Bat-Phone, whatever works. Click below to see more, including video and contact details.



RECOMMENDED COMIC BOOKS & GRAPHIC NOVELS for Comic Art Masterclass students, teachers and librarians

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...