Monday 6 January 2014

And so the year begins

Back at my desk getting stuck into the year, and already we've done a bit of everything.



I mean hands up who's already done caricatures at a Bar Mitzvah in North London, done an interview about The Beano and the Flame Haired Dynamo on BBC Radio Humberside, arranged the travel for the Sock Puppets' first ever Burns Supper in Glasgow in a week or so (where they'll be addressing the haggis live for the first time), discovered they're playing at Butlins in Bognor in June (above), and delivered two new Bananaman scripts to The Beano and saved one of them from possible rejection by removing the word Genocide from it and, in order to do so, rewriting half the words in the entire script and firing it back by return of email?

What, just me then? Admittedly I did get into the office on Thursday and Friday of last week too, so I ought to have more to show for my time (does catching up on a fortnight's emails count for nothing? And registering our shows at this year's Brighton Fringe, that took an inordinate length of time). I wrote a blog that's had more than 1800 views (way more than my average, for no explicable reason). And I have uploaded some ropey home movies from the archives, for what they're worth. Stay tuned for the Socks' first video creations of the year.

To come this year I have more Comic Art Masterclasses in schools to look forward to (including a week in Toulouse, which is nouvelle), and a Socks tour which already has 22 full theatre dates notched up before Edinburgh with plenty more to be confirmed. Now if you'll excuse me I was hoping to get some blue sky thinking done, but all I can see out there is a lot of wind and rain. Here's to a good 2014 at our respective work stations.



The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre are on tour... NOW!

Jan 25 2014 - Rondo, Bath
Feb 12 - Comedy Den Cardiff
Feb 14 - Leicester Comedy Festival
Feb 22 - Aberystwyth Arts Centre
Mar 15 - Largs Barrfields Pavilion
Mar 20, 21 - Dram, Glasgow
Mar 22 - Croydon
Mar 29 - Kings Lynn Arts Centre
Apr 3 - Adam Smith Theatre Kirkcaldy
Apr 12 - Stroud Subscription Rooms
May 9 - Exeter Barnfield
May 17 - Brighton Komedia
May 23 - Keighley Exchange
May 31 - Aylesbury Limelight
June 8 - Butlins, Bognor
June 19 - Phoenix Arts, Bordon Hants
June 20 - Derby Live
June 21 - Halifax Square Chapel
June 22 - Derby (family show)
More dates to be announced
August - Edinburgh Fringe 2014 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...