Thursday 13 February 2014

Floating Cactus of Doom - new comics by kids


Here's 2014's first collection of comics by students in my Comic Art Masterclasses. I say students, because yesterday in Cardiff I was working with University students, mostly doing animation and a lot more advanced than my usual age group (we produced What's Occuring Comics). The others come from Denny & Carrongrange in Falkirk, Merritts Brook in Birmingham and Georgeham in Devon.

The celebs they chose to tread on a worm (undoubtedly I've explained this in an earlier blog) were Keith Lemon, Kevin Bacon, Billy Connolly, Stan Lee, Michael Jackson, Will I Am, Vin Diesel and Johnny Depp.

As part of a challenge for some Cumbrian schools, to inspire them in some story writing, I've slightly tweaked the cover of Floating Cactus and added some colour. We should see the fruits of their comic writing, culminating in classes by me, later in the year.

If anyone would like to bring my Comic Art Masterclass to their school, library or art centre, they'd better move fast as the rest of February, and most of March & April are already booked solid with a mix of these classes and my comedy shows. You know where to find me.




More comics from pupils in Chorley, Newcastle Under Lyme, Borehamwood and Henley, in Dartford and Henley, in Cardiff, Falkirk, Birmingham and rural Devon. You'll find many more if you scour this blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...