Thursday 3 April 2014

Bananaman vs Thor - Exclusive


This Bananaman script, in which our hero meets Thor (but not The Mighty one, for copyright reasons) just failed to make the cut to be drawn up by Wayne for The Beano, but I liked it so much I've slapped some rudimentary colour onto my biro-rough script for your enjoyment. I hope thou likest it. (Click to enlarge)


It's the scripts The Beano rejects that makes The Beano the best, as the saying goes. And it was good to be able to actually pop into The Beano offices in Dundee today to say hello to Craig, John, Michelle, Claire and Morris - hi guys. I sprang myself upon them quite unexpectedly, having found myself in the area, with a hire car, and with time on my hands (tonight being a Socks gig in Kirkcaldy. I also took the time to visit Gran & Dad's old house in Newburgh, just across the water from Dundee.) Sadly I didn't get a photo in the Beano offices having left my camera in the car, but I can report that Beano central looks exactly like you'd picture, with Dennis, Gnasher, Minnie, Rodger & the rest all running round loose, while The Broons and Oor Wullie look on authoritatively.

Remind me to tell you someday about my very first visit to the Beano offices, with my Dad, when I was still at school. Another tale for another day.



Kev F Sutherland runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He's been writing and drawing comics for 25 years, he must know something.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...