Tuesday 28 October 2014

Socks on Wings Over Scotland (and BGT)

Randomly, I find the Socks used as an illustration on a political blog called Wings Over Scotland. Here it is, quite why we seemed to fit the bill I don't know. But no publicity is no publicity.

Talking of which, did I mention one of the Socks' odder gigs this weekend? We auditioned for Britain's Got Talent. A 6 minute slot at the Hen & Chickens in front of an invited audience, who were very good laughers it has to be said. I only heard a couple of other comedians before and after the Socks slot, all of So You Think You're Funny quality, none of whom I'd seen before, and cannot guess how well we did. I can say that every single person I've spoken to about the idea has said Don't Do It. I didn't get any photos of the event, but did manage to snap the contract.

Also this week I spoke at Expo 14 at Leeds University, on the subject of employability. I was on two panels, one about creative writing and one about theatre and performance. I managed to drop in a recommendation for all the creative writers to watch Colin's Sandwich, which was the most help I could offer there. What better to sum up the day than two photos which bring new meaning to the phrase "you had to be there".




The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre are on tour... NOW!

Sept 26 - MAC, Belfast Comedy Festival
Oct 10 - Heron Theatre, Beetham Cumbria
Oct 11 - Leamington Royal Spa Centre
Oct 16 - Ormskirk Civic Hall
Oct 31 - Lichfield Garrick Studio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...