Monday 22 January 2018

Who in Ireland wants a Comic Art Masterclass this week?


(*UPDATE: All sorted. On Wednesday, the marvellous Sarah Purcell, librarian at Margaret Aylward College, intervened and lined me up with a half day of classes on Thursday at Beneavin College in Finglas. So, hooray, I wasn't left thumb-twiddling and did a marvellous if unexpected class with the pupils there. Mother Father kindly disregard this letter).

On Monday I wrote:  Does anyone in Ireland want my Comic Art Masterclasses this week? I'm in Dublin right now, doing classes today (Monday 22nd), tomorrow (Tuesday), and Friday 26th. But Wednesday 24th was always going to be free, and now the school I had on Thursday 25th has fallen through 

So, are you a school in Ireland? Do you want me to teach your kids how to write and draw comics so that they go away with a comic containing a strip by every one of them, plus an individual caricature by me? Then please get in touch now. Either DM me here, or email kevf.sutherland@gmail.com (and I'll tell you what the costs are). 


I can work with two groups in a day, with up to 30 in each group, aged 7 and upwards. I need a minimum of two hours with each group. Please feel free to ask the JCSP Librarians at the schools listed below for what I hope will be glowing recommendations.

Yours with fingers crossed

Kev F Sutherland
Comic Art Masterclasses



Garda Vetting: My Garda Vetting is still in process and hasn't arrived yet. However I contacted the Vetting Bureau direct and Maurice Nolan from the Bureau wrote to say "There would... be no obligation on a school to require vetting of a guest speaker, musician, etc. who is giving a talk or demonstration at a school on a once-off or very irregular basis." (I can send you the whole email, and also my up-to-date UK and Scotland police certificates to show I'm fully cleared).

Schools in Ireland you can ask for recommendations:
St Aidans Tallaght Dublin - Martina Flynn
New Cross Finglas Dublin - Ciaran O'Doherty
Enniscorthy VC - Eadaoin Quinn
Wexford VC - Lee Dickerson
St Kevins Clondalkin - Peadar Cassidy
St Kevins Crumlin - Neil Kettles
CC Dungarvan - Jessica Whelan

Clongowes Wood College (not JCSP) - Jane O'Loughlin

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here

Comic Art Masterclasses open to the public:
Feb 12 - Zion Bristol
Feb 13 - Salisbury Arts
Feb 14 - Baldocks Arts & Heritage Centre, Herts
Feb 15 - Angles Theatre, Wisbech
Feb 16 - Bexleyheath & Erith Libraries
March 17 - Prema Arts, Uley, Gloucs

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...