Thursday 11 October 2018

Kev on The Apprentice


Of course I missed it cos I'm in Denmark, but if you want to see my brief appearance on The Apprentice last night, it's to be found here on iPlayer. (I can't make it work while I'm over here, and am wary of downloading dodgy VPN software while I'm here, just in case, so I'll see it when I get home next week). By all accounts I didn't disgrace myself. Thanks to Hev for the screengrab above.


"Awesome side eye from Kev Sutherland on The Apprentice there... 😄 " - Sarah Niblock via Facebook""


Thanks to John Freeman for the graphic above. Since he and Hev both grabbed the self same moment, I can guess my appearance was very much a cough and a spit. We recorded it back in May at the Beano Studios offices in London, with myself and Nigel Auchterlounie drawing the two comic strips, his for the girls team, mine for the boys. I have no idea how much made it onto screen. I leaked a tiny snippet in my blog at the time (when I was still keeping schtum). Here's more of the Benji Saves The Day, as snapped on the day.




Looking at the art again, I far prefer my scribbles, drawn while they were talking, to the finished line art which I did on the wrong type of paper with the wrong pen (all my bad choices) so it looked very weak. I'm betting Nigel's was a much stronger line drawing.

UPDATE: I found the whole episode on Youtube, put up rather randomly by someone within a day of broadcast. My bit is indeed a cough and a spit, and the tiniest glimpse we get of the pages shows that they look fine. The respective quality of Nigel's and my art also had no bearing whatsoever on the result of the task. Here's the little I managed to snap:



The comments online have been nice, here's a taste.

John Freeman's Down The Tubes review

Jamie Smart ‏ @jamiesmart
.@KevFComicArtist and @spleenal on #Theapprentice2018! Bloody heroes

Ric Lumb ‏ @PuttyCAD
The only super heroes in this episode of #TheApprentice 😂👍

Whytrig MiddleSchool ‏ @WhytrigMS
Think we might have spotted @KevFComicArtist on @bbcapprentice tonight. We recognised the braces!

Vince ‏ @VinceStadon
Once a year I turn on my telly, and there, unexpectedly, is @KevFComicArtist. feel haunted.

PJ Holden @ COMIC CITY! ‏ Verified account @pauljholden
It’s @KevFComicArtist because of course it is! #theapprentice

𝕄𝕒𝕥 ✎ ‏ @InspiredMind5
Thought I recognised those braces! Congrats - great to see 😁

Jason Manly
No wonder you have fled the country Kev Sutherland 😀 ‏

Ben Morton ‏ @MidBoulevard
Hear hear! Fantastic work all around 😁 You all smashed it regardless! 😃

ComicScene UK Magazine ‏ @comicsflixukus
Should have had the sock puppets saying what it looks like you are really thinking! That would be great TV!

Bog Eyed Books ‏ @BogEyedBooks
Great to see @phoenixcomicuk and @BeanoOfficial on #Theapprentice2018! Well done @KevFComicArtist, your face said it all! #KidsLoveComics

Nigel Auchterlounie ‏
@spleenal
IN YOUR FACE @KevFComicArtist !!! 😃


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...