Monday 27 May 2019

Celebs, Russell Crowe, bus trip - dream diary


Dream:

On a big school bus trip, which had started as being at a festival, in tents, then in a big building like a grandstand or auditorium. Met Iain Morris, with reference being made to how tall he is. Lots of other comedians and TV people, among whom I was an equal. We were playing football in a large tent or marquee, and this was a special VIP area.

Later on the bus a boy wants to sit next to me, in my seat at the front but I say there’s not room cos I’m trying to write and draw and need elbow room. He says his name is Gay. I eventually let him sit down. Then I have to go off and get something further back on the bus which is like a big open plan classroom inside, like our art rooms at school. 

I have to close up a box, which folds in half, and on the top of it there are little tiny models tables and chairs, like a floor plan of the Titanic or the inside of a church. Of course when I fold it they go everywhere, but I am able to reset, unfold it and try again. Then a cross in some sort of container falls over and amber coloured opaque gunk comes out. I go to back of bus to wash this gunk off my hands. I am in the clothes-making area where girls are making dresses. I use the first tap, which is a nozzle on the end of a wire-wound hose, to wash my hands, but there’s no sink under it so I’m making a mess everywhere. I go off to find a better hose with a sink. Dream fizzles out here.

Earlier we established this bus trip is taking us up north. Gay had started in Cork or Galway, though had no Irish accent, and we are going along rural Irish or Scottish looking roads.

Previous night’s dream: I have to leave my office (Copse Rd) so I go upstairs to reclaim the table I used to have in my old studio which was in the top floor of an old building, meant to be a company like Kempstons. There are three young people, 20 somethings, who have taken my desk space.  I go ff despondent but on the staircase am met by my boss, played by Russell Crowe, and an inneffectual sidekick, who say they’ll fight for me, and they say I should have my desk back. The other people in the company are two women who are adamant I won’t get desk, but they ask Russell Crowe & assistant to make an offer. Assistant hands over piece of paper with their demands on. They are asking that I get paid an extra £6.45 an hour. The woman laughs at so pathetic an offer and instantly accepts. I get my office back and go downstairs to take it up.

A couple with baby and small child are moving in to flat next door and I move into my empty office, which is now the size of Colourtrix in Leicester was. But then I realise I’ve moved out of this office in real life, and then I wake up.

Later I am able to return to this dream and start a meeting in a glass sided boardroom with my boss to discuss this situation, dream fizzles out.

1 comment:

Clipping Path said...

Awesome article! Thank you for this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...