Thursday 17 November 2022

Times On The Toilet - new comics by kids


Back on the road again with the Comic Art Masterclasses, from North West to the South to the North East. Just the start of a period of burning rubber.


Stockport School was a treat, as it saw me staying in a hotel just round the corner from Strawberry Studios, legendary home of 10CC, where lots of famous music was recorded back in the day. There's a plaque there now. I was well pleased with the Booty Man cover, from their ideas which, otherwise, were trying their hardest to be risque.


Ashton Keynes near Swindon was about the shortest drive I've had to a school this season, and some fun items they came up with. Another school I'd never visited before. A fun fact I discovered, from an episode of Richard Osman's House Of Games this week, is that there are 32,000 schools in the country. So I'll have to get emailing them again, plenty of schools I've still not visited.


Hall Cliffe school in Wakefield marked the start of a four day mini tour of the North, and was a particularly challenging school for pupils with special educational needs. Their needs were certainly very special, and still we managed to do the class. Very satisfying when you can achieve a day like that.

The celebrities these six groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Boris Johnson, Olivia Rodrigo, Justin Bieber, Simon Cowell, The Queen, and Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...