Saturday 2 September 2023

Book sales September, starting with Bedford


(Me at NICE con Bedford, having prepared so diligently that I ended up forgetting the point-of-sale stands for my three main books. Turns out maybe those don't make so much difference as I thought.)

September's live book sales got off to a very good start with my debut appearance at the NICE comic con in Bedford. On the first day I took a remarkable £545.

Part of this was, like with July's LFCC, selling artwork. Two pages of Dr Strange went for a combined and bartered price of £260, plus a Gary Frank pencilled page went for £300, but the buyer has so far only paid a £50 deposit (I know, unnecessarily complicated). 

This still means that, art sales aside, I sold £235 worth of books. (A one-day total that compares very favourably to July's total live book sales of £460, the biggest single day of which was £176 at LFCC, and June's total of £304, the biggest single day of which was £145 at Clevedon.)

Sunday continued the trend, with me taking £403, of which £118 was book sales (plus a page of Dr Who Comic Assassins for £75, a page of Red Dwarf Androids for £60, and a page of Dr Strange for £150)

The success of these book sales was down to me grabbing passers by, especially families with kids, and caricaturing them, thus attracting them to my table to look at my books which then, of course, sell themselves. Credit has to go to Jeff Chahal, the organiser of NICE (which stands for Northampton International Comics Expo, by the way), for attracting the right sort of punters, including browsing families and kids for me as well as art buyers who'd actually put their hands in their pockets.

Sept 9th St Ives - Sales after my two classes = £101.93

Sept 16th Kettering - Sales after two classes = £119.91

Sept 24th Budleigh Salterton - Sale after one class = £71.96

Sept 30th Lakes Day One = £166.38 (+ £450 art sales = £616.38)

Dec 1st Lakes Day Two = £100.44

And what sells best out of my books? See my itemised list, and the totals for the year here.

September book sales at live events (up to Lakes Day 2) = £965.55
August's book sales at live events (classes) = £565.49
July's book sales at live events (excluding original art) = £460 
June's book sales at live events = £304.50

My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon Webtoons
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...