Friday, 3 July 2026

Book Sales July


Here we see me outside Malmesbury Primary School, with a table of my wares set up ready to sell to parents. To my surprise I did rather well, as you will see below, and was kicking myself that my supplies of books were low, through mostly no fault of my own (Lulu were later than usual with one batch.)

Live events / classes et al   = x books, x comics £x 
(June 111 books + 17 comics, £1313; May 72, £862.90; April 185, £2111.54; March 181, £2153.41)
D2D -  x books ($x)    
(June = 4, $5.42; May = 7, $8.09; April = 12, $13.54; March = 54, $74.79)
Etsy -  x books (£x)      
(June = 1, £7.99; May 6, £50.95; April 2, £8.98; March 4, £32.96)
Lulu - x books (£x)    (May 6, £12, April 6, £6.91, March 7, £6.11)
Blurb - x book, $x     (June = 1, $1.68; May 0, April 0, March 1, 61p)
Podcast downloads - x    (June 259, May 278, April 164, March 96)
Blog views  - x    (June 497,446; May 365,397, April 340,000, March 300,000)
Youtube views  - x    (June 2070, subs 4973)

Live Sales July 2026 = x books + x comics (£x)

July 1 - Maple Hayes - 6 books, 1 comic (£51)

1 x FM
1 x PODS
4 x MNDT
1 x Shakes comic

July 2 - Malmesbury - 13 books, 1 comic (£137)

5 x Romeo col (sold out)
2 x Romeo bw
6 x Richard bw
1 x Shakes comic

July 3 - Malmesbury - 19 books, 6 comics (£158)

4 x Romeo bw (sold out)
2 x Richard bw
5 x FM
4 x PODS
4 x MNDT
6 x Shakes comic

NB re NI: Posting books - a memo for future note. Last year in Northern Ireland I had too few books (50), as this post attests, selling £400 worth in four days but knowing I could have sold more. In July 2024 I had even fewer (40), and sold out of £310 worth across five days. In 2023 I paid £45 for an extra hold bag, into which I was able to squeeze just 30 books, which of course sold out. 

Mon July 13 - I posted a box of 48 books to Flowerfield Arts Centre in Portstewart, hoping they'll be there in time for next Monday's classes. The box cost £15.45 to post. If I'd have kept the weight below 10k (ie used the regular sized box, not the slightly taller box) it would have been £11. So, books cost 32p each to post. 

Weds July 15 - 38 books + 6 comics posted to Strule Arts, Omagh. £10.65 (24p per item, a lot better than 2023's £1.50 per book for sticking them in the hold!)

July 20 - Flowerfield Portstewart - 5 books (£58)

Oh. Best laid plans and all that. I’ve sent way too many books to Northern Ireland. These classes were well attended but the parents didn’t see them, so only a few books sold in the morning and literally none in the afternoon! (The money taken this week sometimes looks good, but that's because the pesky colour books cost twice what the black and white books cost that I was selling two years ago. So profit is less, and it's the number of books sold that matters.)

1 x Romeo col, PODS, Elain col
2 x Kids comics

July 21 - Strule Omagh - 4 books, 2 comics (£54)

Only 3 punters in the morning, 7 in the afternoon. Bought almost as many books as yesterday’s near sellout. I brought so too many books! (Last year was also poor turnout)

1 x Romeo col, Elain col
2 x Kids comics (as noted last year, these are popular)
2 x Shakes comic

July 22 - Ardhowen Enniskillen - 8 books (£100)

All sold in the morning none in pm 

4 x Romeo col
1 x Richard col, Elain col, kids comics (sold out)
1 x FM

July 23 - Burnavon Cookstown - 6 books, 2 comics (£84)

Oh my god this week is a nightmare for selling books. Unlike last time I was here, when the parents watched the show, this time they weren’t allowed in on health and safety grounds. So none knew about the books until it was too late and sales were decimated. 

2 x Romeo col
3 x Elain col
1 x Joseph col
2 x Shakes comic

July 24 - Ards Arts, Newtownards - x books (£x)

more to come

Live Sales July 2026  (to Cookstown) = 61 books + 8 comics (£642)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...