Sunday 6 April 2014

Socks in Fife - a wee review

Someone who doesn't like comedy came and saw the Socks and liked them....

Fife Comedy Festival: laugh your (Scottish Falsetto) socks off!

Fife Comedy Festival: laugh your (Scottish Falsetto) socks off!
I don’t like people trying to make me laugh and have even been accused of having no sense of humour, but I like to think I’ve just inherited my dad’s unconventional sense of humour!
So, as you can imagine, I was unsure the Fife Comedy Festival would be for me when I was invited along this week…..

The festival kicked off on April Fools’ Day with stand up comedian Rich Hall and features lots of famous comedians even I recognise the names of, but I opted for a slightly more unusual show – The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre.

I was excited to head along to the Adam Smith Theatre in Kirkcaldy, as mum often took me to performances there when I was wee. The building is gorgeous! I was expecting to be in a large theatre space, but we were ushered upstairs into a small candle-lit room of tables and chairs.

Enter the socks! A comedy sock puppet duo that has toured internationally and appeared on BBC, MTV and Channel 4. There were no special effects or expensive sets, just a couple of sock puppets (one very talented man!) and some funny jokes. I wasn’t sure it was going to work, but  it did – their silly Scottish humour, chats with the audience and guitar playing really tickled me!

Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre
The stars of the show posing for a photo for Postcard from Fife!

So, if I can find something that makes me laugh at the festival I’m pretty sure anyone can…..let me know what you discover!
Sarah

[Main image source and credits: www.onfife.com/comedy]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...