Friday 1 April 2016

Othello & an Equivocator - new Shakespeare vids from the Socks


This week I had a rare experience, five whole days in my studio and the chance to actually get some creative stuff created. Naturally I got next to none of that done. But, amidst the email answering, the Sitcom Trials sorting, the Hot Rod Cow artwork finishing (I've had a half finished 10-page strip hanging around for the last year which is now only waiting to be lettered and, possibly, coloured), the commission-pitching-art done for a possible poetry book I might get to draw, and sundry other nonsense that expanded to fill the allotted space, I managed to get some Socks Shakespeare written.



Othello, which had two test runs at Leicester before I decided it wasn't funny enough to work live, has come out nicely in this video. And, having taken a bit more of a rewrite, might yet come out live again. Two things that are definitely going into the live Shakespeare show, and therefore haven't been videod yet, are Shall I Compare Thee To A Summer's Day, a short skit that I have a good feeling about, and Oh Mr Porter, a song which will be great if it works as well live as it does when I sing it in the studio.

Oh, and this, which might get a live outing, and is a bit of fun either way.


It's a bit of Macbeth based nonsense. Do enjoy.


Apr 9 - Widcombe Social Club, Bath Comedy Festival
May 8 - Derby Comedy Festival 5.30pm
May 19 - Old Joint Stock Birmingham
May 22 - Komedia, Brighton Fringe
May 28 - Ards Puppet Festival, Newtonards
July 3 - Derby Bar One 2pm 
July 8 - Flavel, Dartmouth
July 10 - Tring Festival 
July 21 - Barnes Fringe
July 22 - Bedford Fringe
Aug 3-28 - Edinburgh Fringe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...