Sunday 6 January 2013

First caricatures of the year - there's thorough

Last night saw my first caricaturing event of 2013, drawing all the guests at a wedding in Wales, and I must admit I did a satisfyingly thorough job. On the bride's initiative, all the caricatures were displayed on a "clothes line" for everyone to enjoy as we went along...



The plan, then, was to feed all the drawings through the photocopier, as I do at the schools where I do my Comic Art Masterclass, giving the Happy Couple a montage of everyone's faces before the guests then took the originals home with them. Unfortunately the venue didn't have the sort of copier that does that (a fine venue, by the way, it used to be Laura Ashley's house, you'll recognise the fireplaces & staircases from their many photoshoots there) so instead I laid the caricatures out on the pool table in batches of 12 and photographed them. How many caricatures was that, you ask? About this many...



That, by the way, is the 90-odd pictures laid out in alphabetical orders so that the guests could find theirs at the end of the event. Did I mention I'm thorough as well as quick? If you'd like me to come and caricature at your event (it's not just weddings, my last gig of 2012 was a corporate Christmas party and next weekend I'm doing two Bar Mitzvahs). As we might say in my native Aberdeen, fa's a clivver loon?





If anyone wants me to come and show their kids how to do what I've been doing for a living for the last two decades in my patent Comic Art Masterclasses, drop me a line, a comment, a Twitter, smoke signals, the usual methods.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...