Friday 22 August 2014

John Lloyd, Newsnight, friends & family - Edinburgh selfies

This has been the year of the selfie for me, almost inevitably given that I've only had an iPhone since early this year, and I've snapped as many as I could when I've remembered to. The one above must take the cake for most impressive and most surprising. I'd walked out of the gate outside our flat in World's End Close, en route to the So You Think You're Funny party around midnight, wearing the suit I bought for Uncle Stuart's funeral a fortnight ago, and who should be sat there having a fag with his son and a colleague but John Lloyd, legendary comedy producer. We had a very pleasant chat, he has a flyer now.


And here's me with Arthur Smith, Janey Godley and Hannah McGill, at the filming last week of a piece for Newsnight which made it into last night's (Thursday) edition of the show. The Socks' contribution was a cough and a spit but obviously an honour to be part of, and telly is telly and fun to do.


Roman Armstrong and his aunt and a friend. The Socks played Roman's 12th birthday party, now he's old enough to be at his first Fringe.


Sandy and Anne. Sandy Eggo, though I call him my Uncle, is in fact my Mum's cousin, and he and Anne travelled all the way from Brechin just to see me and the Socks. How fantastic is that?

Garry Roost & Nick Steel at the SYTYF Party

Ewan & Vicki Spence

Imaan


The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre ...And So Am I is at the Edinburgh Fringe 2014, July 30 - Aug 25 Gilded Balloon, 10.30pm

1 comment:

klaus said...

When I planned my best friend's graduation surprise party, I wanted to ensure the buy Snapchat filter was right. Geofilter Studio went above and beyond for me in every manner when I contacted them. Their design staff collaborated with me to realize my concept, and the end filter was better than I had hoped. Observing the joy radiating from my buddy as she saw her customized filter was priceless! The event went off without a hitch because of Geofilter Studio, and I will be raving about their excellent service.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...